Thursday, February 19, 2009

Two Bundles for Christmas

I have been so lucky to be able to work with numerous new born twins; two little noses, two little mouths, four little feet, 20 little fingers and so much more!

I was able to go into the home of this wonderful family to capture their first Christmas Holiday together. I felt like a disaster the minute I walked. After remembering that I had forgot all of my wonderful knit outfits and props, I rushed back to my house to grab them. It was lucky we only lived about 10 minutes away. I got back to set up and realized that I had forgotten my camera! This is a definite first for me! I always obsess exhaustingly over bringing it, and I was horrified that I had left it. So after yet a second trip, I finally arrived and was ready to shoot.

There is something so incredibly peaceful and rewarding in spending time with these new fresh little souls. Their lovely parents were completely head-over-heals for them and it shows in their faces. I love watching them interact. I brought along some knit outfits, one of which was a "pea in a pod". We stuffed their two tiny bodies into one of them and were able to make "two peas in a pod!" They were so alert during much of the shoot, and their little eyes peaking out from the snuggles were precious!

Little mister ended up trying on my new bumble bee outfit and looked completely adorable. Little Miss wore her first tutu with ballet slippers and then one of my favorite funky pink-striped outfit complete with leggings and a hat! They were both so very stylish!

We ended up in Mom's and Dad's bedroom and on their bed. I just love these images of them on the bed laying down behind the little sleeping ones. Then there are the shots of stunning Mom snuggling up in the pillows with her children.

This was a delightful (and patient) family to work with. I know they must think I am some kind of scatter-brain, but they were very gracious!

Here are new little "T" and "S". They are two bundles of joy!

No comments: