Wednesday, February 25, 2009

In Style Baby!

This is one completely fashionable little newborn! His big brothers and he came to see me in their Knucklehead overalls! They look just too adorable! He even has a Knucklehead binkie! This sweet little boy's mommy is the incredibly talented knitter who supplies me with all of my wonderful snuggles, hats, and blankets. It was so much fun using some of her stuff on her own bundle of joy!

I feel very privileged to be able to capture the memories of these brand new little souls. I try to talk my parents into coming to see me during the first week of life. This is when newborns are all squishy and wrinkly! The distinctive perk to this suggestion, is the fact that I get to see the babies before most people do. I knew there were hoards of friends waiting to steal a peek at this family's new arrival, but I got to see him first!

I loved what mommy and daddy brought with them. The baby basket and blue quilt was his mother's, and the sheepskin rug was one daddy brought back from Australia. They also brought a cotton "feed" bag and I love the shots of him laying on it. When we worked our way into the little naked shots with the black background, the feeling in the room had a subtle change. It was warm, quiet and peaceful as we took our time to capture this special little soul. I simply adore working with these two people! The intimate shots of them with their precious boy just take my breath away. Every moment was tender and very moving for me.

So it's time to introduce you to little "EKJ". I will be capturing the memories of his first year, so keep an eye out for him!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What BEAUTIFUL photos! I love every single one of them.

mom said...

I might be a little prejudice but they are the most amazing pictures ever. I can feel the emotions from the parents faces and see the love and gratitude for their new little angel....so special..