Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Time for a Visit

I met this lovely family a year ago last summer when their extended family was here for a visit. For those of you who have followed this blog that long, this was the family where they broke into wrestling at the end! The girls joined the big burly guys and I was expecting some blood and tragedy, but they all came out of it quite nicely.

When I got a phone call this summer from this family to come for a visit, I was excited! She was expecting her 2nd child, a little girl, and she wanted some maternity photos as well as family shots and plenty of photos of her darling boy, little "R". She then told me that they were going to be moving to Idaho. I was saddened by the news, but honored that I was going to be able to capture their last memories in their Portland home.

We began with the entire family. It was much too easy to get giggles from "R" and his mom and dad followed right along! They have this tired old dog which just had to be in their photos. He (I think) was slow and half blind, but completely wonderful. I love the shots of them on the stone steps with their faithful companion.

We went inside to take some photos of mom in her beautiful living room. She has the most incredible sofa! I wanted to take it home with me! The photos of her and the "boys" are breath-taking! As I was working on these photos, I had to exclaim out loud with the beauty in front of me. They are so intimate and tender. I felt privileged to be able to capture them.

Dad had to leave, but we were able to grab a few quick head shots for him in his suit. He has such an easy smile and manner. As you can see from the shots of "R" kissing his dad, he is very loved in that home. We then ventured into little "R's" bedroom and played with his amazing collection of Thomas the Tank Engine trains. He was so scrumptious, I just wanted to eat him up!

We ended with a plain black backdrop and two lights. Mom had some beautiful draping fabric which we pinned and played with until she was all tucked in! She is such a stunning woman and just as beautiful while she was expecting. It was dark and quiet and I enjoyed the peacefulness as we worked together to create some artistic poses.

I had a wonderful time, as you can probably guess, and I was so sorry to see them go. I hope they will come back for another visit and bring their new little girl with them!

Here is the "F" family. Thank you for sharing yourselves with me!

No comments: