Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Play Date



Every once in awhile I get to do something different. I have a very dear friend who has three of the most adorable boys in the world. I cordially invited her oldest son to go on a play date with me. We first when out to ice cream at Ice Cream Renaissance and we acted as silly as we could. There is something freeing about taking out a child who is not your own. I didn't feel the slightest need to tell him not to be too loud or not to put his gummy bears into his drink to drown them, in fact, I gave him the idea!

After ice cream, we headed out to Esther Short Park and to a wet and wild time! He was jumping from place to place so quickly, I had to run to keep up! At first, he was a little tentative about jumping in, but it took about 2 seconds for that feeling to pass. I absolutely adored being able to capture his joyful excitement for life! He is the smartest and most delightful nine year-old I know.

As was inevitable, I eventually had to put my camera away and jump into the water with him. I got completely soaked as I was the private to his general and had to go wherever he told me to. We put an old Starbucks cup in hand of the statue of the older gentleman and thought we were completely hilarious. I haven't laughed that freely in way too long.

So here I introduce you to the marvelous Mr. "L". If you look closely enough, you may just spy the photographer in three photos!

No comments: