Monday, July 6, 2009

Introducing Our Solanah!



I am so excited to introduce all of you to my new daughter-in-law. Well, almost, daughter-in-law. She and my precious boy are getting married on July 18th. You may have seen her splashed all over my wedding site and even my high school senior site. She is definitely a favorite model of mine! I mean, just look at her! She is absolutely gorgeous!

She is the quintessential "Vintage Vixen". She owns her own incredibly successful vintage clothing business Solanah She is the ultimate treasure hunter! I've gone with her a few time to the Goodwill Bins and where I see lots of trash, she finds the most incredible treasures! She can go through the entire place in a half an hour and have picked out every possible vintage treasure they've got! She's a marvel. She also has a blog Vixen Vintage where she has hundreds of followers. She dresses in completely vintage clothing every single day. If she is going out, she has the dress, the hat, the gloves, the purse, the shoes... Every day is such a nice surprise when I see her. She has been helping my son class up his wardrobe and the two of them are the most delightful people in the world. She loves my son with passion as he does her. He likes to make her giggle which she does freely and easily. She brings out his best qualities and I see him joyful when he is with her. What more can a mom want for her son?

I wanted to grab some photos of her in some of her vintage outfits so I could display them at an upcoming Bridal Shower I am having for her. We went out on a hot sunny day last week, and I was totally in heaven playing with her. I love that summer dress which is a shorts jumpsuit with an over-skirt. Then she put on that incredible black evening dress with the pink petticoat. Wow! I could have taken photos of her in that thing all day! Then we ended up at Esther Short Park with her floral print dress among the roses.

I'm sure you will see more of her. Every time I have a new idea for a photo shoot, I call her up and we set off on an adventure together! I love you Solanah and feel so privileged to have you as a treasured addition to our family.

No comments: