Wednesday, May 13, 2009

All Together for the New Arrival



This couple had their family in town all together to visit their precious little newborn "S". I had a bit of car trouble getting to their place, and we'll just say, I had my car hooked up to a U-Haul when we got to their house! But, I am so glad I was able to make it. The love in this home was so apparent. This firstborn grandchild on both sides was treasured.

They live in Portland in a home which has the most incredible yard (forest?) you can imagine. It had been raining a little that day, but when I got there, it had stopped, so we went outside first. There was a tiny spot of daffodils in the middle of a wet muddy spot, so, of course, I made them all sit down there! Grandma had knitted little "S" a new teal hat and multi-colored jacket which were beautiful. I had a basket with some yarn my very own designer, SugarFairy Handknits, had made for me. It's a luscious splash of various shades and textures! I love the shot of him laying in the middle of the field of green vines and brambles!

We went inside and I got to be alone with Mom and Dad as we were able to capture some exquisite memories of the intimacy between the three of them. I brought my black backdrop, so we could take the incredible dramatic shots. I get teary when I look at some of these photos. (I know, I am such a wimp!) They did something surprising with me which I haven't had happen before. I looked up and noticed that they were photographing me photographing them!

Here is dear little "S". These photos are very tender and sweet.


5 comments:

Sherri H. Hoffman said...

Cannot see the slideshow on this one...?

Lisa said...

Sherri, Hmmm. I don't know why the Facebook link sends you to this page and the slideshow doesn't work. If you go to my blog directly, http://lightshadowphotography.blogspot.com, you should be able to view it.

Lisa said...

I think I've got it worked out.

Sherri H. Hoffman said...

Yay! Beautiful little family.

Kerry said...

How wonderful that this little one had so much family around. Those photos will be priceless. Plus the knitting is fantastic! I am totally coveting that blanket. I need someone to knit me one.