Friday, September 5, 2008

Brand New, Squishy and Completely Adorable!

This beautiful little one was just one week old when she came to visit me. I told her mother that if she wanted her to be in the "wrinkly, squishy" stage, that she would need to come within the first week. Her mom thought that "Squishy" was a funny way to describe her! I love little ones at this age, their skin is wrinkly, they are asleep most of the time, and you can pretty much pose them any way you want to! We captured some priceless images of this beautiful family of three. Mom and Dad brought some mementos which made the photos even more significant. Mom got a little teary as she was describing the meaning behind them, and I was touched to hear of their sweet relationship with each other and with their extended family members.

This little one had the sweetest disposition. She made little peeps when she was hungry, and otherwise she was content and sleepy. As you will see, she has long legs and long feet! She couldn't resist pushing those feet out every chance she got. She has Dad's crinkled ear, feet with the second toe longer than the big toe, and the same spot on her finger as her dad, her grandpa and great grandpa (I think!) The rest of her is her mother (Dad says). She has beautiful full lips and big eyes when they are open!

Mom is an incredibly accomplished musician. I first met her when I took voice lessons from her. I immediately fell in love with her and so when my daughter wanted to study Jazz vocal, I sent her to this wonderful teacher. My daughter has developed a love of singing and jazz through her association with her. She is the artistic director of an incredible vocal performance choir, Consonare Chorale" located in Portland.

Introducting the new daughter of "C" and "G":

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - enjoy thee time while she sleeps this soundly!

You guys made an adorable girl. But sorry C, but that's a baby G - no question about it!

Kristi Lonheim said...

She is adorable and so long!!! It is amazing how you can see the difference in skin colors amongst the three of you. She is more like C than G in that aspect. I am so happy for you!

Roni ZIegler said...

Cora is beautiful-red hair is definitely in her future! We so enjoyed seeing the pictures (of all three of you), and the great presentation by Light and Shadow Photography is priceless! Enjoy!
Katie and Roni Z.

bridgeanna said...

OK... You could have suggested grabbing the tissue before viewing! So, much for mascara! What an incredibly beautiful photo montage! Cora is beautiful!
I love you all!