Thursday, September 11, 2008

Birthday at the Carousel

I have been photographing these two little ones since they were about 3 months old. I get so attached to my little angels who come to me for their first year! These beautiful twins have grown up so much since last November! Their Mommies love bright colors and every time I come to play, they use the most colorful clothing and set up. I loved their nursery - all green, orange and purple. They asked me if we could do their 1st birthday photos at a carousel. I loved the idea, but all the local carousels don't allow professional photography. Mom did some research and found a place in Salem, in which, if we could be there early, they let us in before they opened up. The incredibly vivid colors of the horses were stunning! I love the cowboys hats which usually ended up off the heads! When we were hustled out for the carousel to open up, we went out to the park and they laid out this incredible quilt, so full of color. They had two huge bags of balloons which quickly blew away! Needless to say, everyone was sweating by the time we were done! Trying to get two little mobile bodies to sit still at the same time is quite the challenge. When they brought out the cake, the twins quickly started sucking on the candles! There were these delicious cakes just waiting to be devoured, and the twins like the candles better! Too much fun!

I always feel such a bitter sweet sadness when my little ones turn a year old. I feel like I have been able to share in so many memories during the year, I can't stand the idea of it all stopping. Here are little "K" and "W" at One!

No comments: