Saturday, September 20, 2008

Drenched!

It was a hot and incredibly steamy day in August. I was drenched in sweat before I even started taking photos. My couple was dressed in electric blue which jumps off the page against the green grass. They look stunning!

I had already worked with the bride on a previous experience, so she kind of knew what to expect from me. Her fiance, however, was surprised when I made them make out in front of me right away! I can't help myself, I just love the romance in weddings! My favorite photos of my husband and mine are of us kissing, so I make sure to include a lot of them when I am the photographer.

Most people come to me expecting to sit quietly while I take nice photos and tell them to say cheese. Well, I'm not quite what people expect. This adventurous couple was made to lay on the ground in their dress clothes, start wrestling, pick each other up, and as a final act of surprise, I asked them if they would get completely drenched in the Columbia! I never know when my creative muse will strike, but I really wanted them to get totally wet! It was hot, so my bride was game from the start. We had to talk her fiance into it. I mean, who in their right mind would ask you to come for photos so you dress in your nice clothes and then ask you to jump in the river! At the end, however, my groom told me that this was the most fun he had experienced in taking pictures. "C" and "C", I hope you like these great shots and thanks for letting me get crazy with you!

1 comment:

my musings said...

What a wonderful shoot! Only you,Lisa, could get people to get wet like this. It ree=ally looks like fun.