Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Amazing JJ



Another play date for me! This simply adorable ball of energy is the younger brother of the first play date I had awhile back. I fell totally in love with these two boys during one of my Portrait Parties 3 years ago! Their giggles were so free and easy.

We started our date at a park in Vancouver (the location is a secret between me and "J"!) It took about 2 seconds for him to start to run and explore the playground. I literally worked up a sweat keeping up with him! I absolutely loved being able to relax and just capture his personality while he played. I spent zero time trying to get him to "smile for the camera" and just let him be himself. The smiles I did capture were from his joy for living. There is this red twirling chair at the park, and JJ just couldn't get enough of it. I would spin him around and he would lay his head back and just soak in the experience. When we left, we decided that we would make this park our "secret" so it would be a special place for just the two of us.

We then headed over to the Vancouver Mall, thinking that there was an arcade there. I guess it must have gone out of business, but instead of being bummed, I grabbed a purse-full of quarters and we decided to ride every single one of the little motorized rides in the mall! It was so amazing watching him experience each ride. JJ has such a joyful little soul and when he experiences something it is an experience for all those around him! I felt honored to be able to observe him and partake in a fraction of the joy he feels everyday.

We went up to the Candy Store and he filled his bag with whatever looked good to him. He also grabbed a yard stick of bubble gum! I know, I should know better, but with my babies all being teenagers, the ability to spoil with sweets just doesn't bring them as much enjoyment! I got a taste of what it will be like to be a grandma without the need to discipline and just the adventure of loving and spoiling!

We practiced the German version of "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" in the car on the way home so he could sing it to his sweet family.

Introducing the Amazing JJ! He was an experience I will never forget.

No comments: