Monday, April 20, 2009

Little Boy "Blue"



I have had the pleasure of being able to photograph quite a lot of newborns this Spring. It is such an intensely intimate and beautiful experience for me. I met this little sweet boy's mommies before he was even born (thank you Facebook!) They knew exactly when he was going to be born so we were able to schedule an appointment ahead of time. When he was 6 days old, they all came to play! He has the biggest blue eyes and his mommy calls him "Blue".

The moment they walked into my home, I felt right at home with them. They were so full of excitement and love over their new son. It was a privilege to be able to share in this wonderful time with them.

"Blue" is a perfect little gentleman with such a calming and sweet nature. He looks so adorable in his own orange and polka-dot outfit. My green couch looked fabulous with the bright colors they all chose to wear. We broke out the mouse snuggle for some Hickory Dickory Dock. And then, when his mommy said that she loved to garden, I had to bring out the little red wagon for our little pea!

My favorite time is always when the black backdrop comes up and the clothes come off! I adore the Fine Art quality of the light and the interaction between parents and newborns. There is one shot of the two of them with him where I got up high and shot down at them. It is definitely one of my favorites. Mommy kissing his toes, and his looking at me over Mommy's shoulder, snuggled close and held with tenderness, these moments are so dear to me.

Thank you "M" and "M" for sharing "M" with me! I can't wait to see him again at 4 months!

2 comments:

Lisa Sofia said...

We had such fun with Lisa! She was so in a groove and full of life and ideas for us...its obvious how much she loves her work. The pics are amazing!!!!! Lisa, thanks...from the bottom of our hearts...you captured our family in the very beginning and we cant wait to chronicle our lives through your lense. M3

Lisa Sofia said...

oh my goodness that green pea in the red wagon is fantastic! and I love the photo of mommy kissing a footsie. What a beautiful little man captured forever in his newborn-ness. oh they grow and change too fast!