Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Gretchen and Matt are Engaged!



This delightful couple is getting married in September! They wanted to get their engagement photos done early because they wanted to send out some "Save the Date" cards. They really wanted pictures outside, but we weren't sure about the weather in March. It had rained all week and I was afraid we would have to take photos in my studio. Photo day arrived and we planned to meet at Beaches, hoping for the best. It was freezing outside, but the sun peeked out from behind the clouds and stayed out for the couple hours we spent together! This is why we got such a fabulous sky in these photos! The clouds are heavy and full of texture. For those of you who live in the Northwest, most of the cloudy days are just one shade of gray. It began to rain just as we were finishing up.

I had a wonderful time with these two. They were so easy-going and willing to do whatever I suggested. And yes, they went barefoot on the beach at my request! I'm surprised their feet didn't freeze off! I love the photos on the beach, the water reflecting the blue of the sky, their hair blowing all over the place, their interaction with each other. This time of year, colors are less vibrant and everything is a little dead. However, because of the sun and blue sky, the colors just sang! I love the shots of them in the field of dry grass! It almost looks as though we are somewhere else.

Here you go, Gretchen and Matt! I can't wait to photograph your wedding day later this year!

2 comments:

Lisa Sofia said...

I love the bright clothing against the more muted colors of the beach photos. And I am really liking the ski hats! Am I seeing some of those sunbeams that are sometimes called 'Jacob's Ladders'? I think capturing those in photographs is really way too cool.

Lisa Sofia said...

We got our proofs in the mail this week and we just have to tell you they turned out amazing! You can see how much you love your job in each photo. Thank you Lisa, the photos turned out great and we cannot wait for September!