Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Halligator!

For those of you who have been following my blog for the past few years, you will remember a delightful girl nicknamed "Figlette". Well, guess who has a new little sister?! I was able to play with the family back in July and was able to capture some incredible images of Figlette. Her mommy let me know about the new little addition soon to be coming to their family then. I anxiously awaited her arrival and was so tickled to have her come and play this fall. Her mother shared her adoption story with me and I was honored to be able to take her photo. This was such a tender day for me. She was actually born in the same village as her older sister.

As usual, Mom brought wonderful outfits. She always chooses bright and colorful outfits which are coordinated and completely adorable. We started with her little red outfit and her patchwork elephant. I know he is from a storybook, but I'm not sure which one. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to read my kids storybooks for a few years. I sure miss it. She wore the same rainbow leggings her sister did in her first photo experience with me and looked wonderful on my green couch!

Her mommy brought a white rocking horse she had as a child and put little Halligator in the sweetest black, white and red sun dress! It took a few minutes of pushing, but we got those chubby little feet into her to-die-for red boots as well! She looks like an angel in these photos. I love the ones of her and her mommy. You can see the love and care she has for her new little girl. We had a quiet beautiful time together. I will remember it always.

I am so excited to introduce you to little Halligator! I can't wait to get the two sisters together sometime this summer!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

These photos are absolutely to die for. Such a darling little girl, especially in those red boots. I adore the bright colors too. I can't wait to see some photos of the two sisters together.