Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Family Gathered for a Special Blessing




This sweet beautiful boy has already come to play with me since he was born. On this special day, his family from out of town came to Vancouver for his blessing. They wanted me to grab a few shots of this memorable day for them, and I was honored.

His mother made this exquisite gray wool suit for him to wear and he looked so grown up and handsome. I got the group together for some wonderful photos and then grabbed the grandparents and his aunt and uncle for some couple shots. As you can see, I had way too much fun and took way too many photos, but I've just had to learn to embrace this about myself. I loved the romantic photos of Grandma and Grandpa. They were so sweet with each other, it was obvious that their romance was still alive and well after many years of marriage.

After we were finished, his mommy pulled out a few new knit snuggles she had just created. I was ecstatic! She had been talking about doing a dinosaur and when she pulled it out of the wrapping, my mouth dropped open! I like to call it a dragon because it sounds so adventurous and heroic, but it can also be a dinosaur! The vivid blues just scream color and that hat with the pointy spines is just to die for! She had also knit a mouse snuggle which is completely adorable. We placed his cute little body down on the floor with a clock in the background trying to mimic "Hickory Dickory Dock" I just love those shots. I especially love the shot of Mommy holding her little dragon!

I love working with this family!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh Lisa, your talent brings tears to my eyes. I called my mom and had her on the phone when she looked at the pictures for the first time. She was in awe. And I could hear my dad in the background saying, "wow, you look soo sexy" Truly anyone can get a camera and take pictures, but you are an artist and it really shows in your beautiful work. I will never be able to thank you enough for capturing these memories so perfectly.

kas, mark said...

woooowzers lisa these look amazing. we are a family full of hotties!!!